AdvancellsTM Viral Lysis Medium
AdvancellsTM Viral Lysis medium is a specifically designed medium intended for collection, inactivation, and transportation of Sars-CoV-19 virus from the collection site to diagnostic centers. The primary application of the type of transportation system is to safely transport highly contagious clinical specimens like Sars-CoV-19 through inactivation with chaotropic agents and surfactants; which further renders the virus non-infectious to offer complete protection to the technicians. The medium is prepared with unique formulation chelating agents and divalent cations that inactivate the nuclease enzyme and further protect the nucleic acid released. As per the regulatory standards proposed by CDC and World Health Organization, this transportation system is highly effective for low viral load specimens. The performance evaluation of the proposed Viral Lysis Medium is assessed for its ability to prevent false positive/false negative reports and long-term stability of 24 months from the date of manufacturing.
Key Features of Viral Lysis Medium Kit
- 2 ml Viral inactivation medium in 10 ml ETO sterilized flat base tube
- Unique formulations are helpful for viral inactivation immediately, yet maintaining the molecular integrity of the virus.
- Flocked nylon swab with higher surface area for effective capture of mucosal epithelial cells infected with Virus.
- Enhanced stability up to 24 months and accurate diagnosis even at low viral load.
- Since the system is comprised of inactivated viral particles, it offers complete protection to the end-users.
- Each lot is QC tested for fungal/microbial growth and chemical parameters
- The batch is released with the appropriate Certificate of Authenticity
- The product is validated by ICMR/NIV for optimum performance.
Detailed Instruction for use
- Open the swab first, check for the sterility performance of the swab by checking its indicator.
- Place the swab appropriately in the buccal cavity, by asking patients to open their mouths wide apart.
- Rub the swab gently against the inner lining of the mucosa (The pinkish part of the pellet in the mouth)
- Beware to protect yourself with appropriate protective wears like gowns, masks, eye shields, gloves, etc.
- Cut the plastic shaft at the breaking point and place it in the appropriate tube; tighten the cap, and seal it tightly.
Advancells Diagnostics VLM kits are manufactured in sterile conditions and meet the ISO Guidelines.
Transparent Clear solution
pH at 25°C
7.4 ± 0.2
Osmolality in mOsm/Kg H2O
270mOsm - 290mOsm
No bacterial or fungal growth was observed after 14 days of incubation.